Sofia Airport with 37% increase in passengers in June

85% growth in passengers on domestic flights



June is another month for which Sofia Airport reports increased passenger traffic. Over 570 thousand passengers were served, which forms 37,2% year-on-year growth in passenger numbers. Terminal 2 saw 65% of passenger flow, while Terminal 1 was used by the remaining 35% of passengers.


Over 36% increase in passenger flow at Sofia Airport in May

A total of 559 542 passengers passed through Sofia Airport in the fifth month of the year, which is a 36,4% increase compared to the same period last year.


Sports Days at Sofia Airport

For two days, mini football, gymnastics, basketball and table football will be played by children from different Sofia schools at Sofia Airport stadium. The “Sofia Air (s) port” project aims to attract more young people to various sports disciplines. The event was organized jointly with “Futura” association " with the support of Sofia Municipality.

At Terminal 2 public area a football table will be available to all departing passengers until June 16.


June 1st at Sofia Airport

Today the children’s day turned into an unforgettable experience for passengers at Sofia Airport. Many smiles and applauses accompanied the songs of vocal groups "Pim-Pam", "Smehorancheta", "Radiodetsa", "Srebarni zvezdichki" and "Svetulkovtsi", as well as the folk dances performed by students from 140th School “Ivan Bogorov” in Sofia.

The popular songs "Detstvo moe" and "Ima svetlina" contributed to the good mood of passengers and guests by bringing them back to their childhood.


Sofia Airport and Ryanair saw off airline’s 1 000 000th passenger

Only one year after the Irish air carrier’s launch of flights from Sofia, its passengers already exceed one million.

The airline has prepared a special gift voucher for its 1 000 000th passenger – air tickets for two persons to a chosen destination. The lucky passenger was 25-year old student Tanya Dimcheva.

Since the beginning of the year Sofia Airport has serviced a total of 2 267 099 passengers. The Summer Schedule offers flights to 68 destinations in Europe and the Middle East operated by 25 airlines.