Sofia Airport with almost 4% increase in passengers in February


In the second month of 2018, Sofia Airport served 473 242 passengers. This is a 3.7% increase compared to the same period last year. Terminal 2 was used by 64% of all passengers, and the remaining 36% passed through Terminal 1.

Passenger traffic on international scheduled flights grew by 1.3%. The number of passengers on domestic flights increased by 83% – from over 10 thousand passengers in February 2017 to nearly 18 thousand in the same month of 2018. That increase is due to the entry of a second air carrier on the Sofia-Varna route since March 2017

Aircraft movements

Departing and arriving aircraft were 4,122 during that the period.


In February 2018, cargo volumes grew by 5%. A total of 1 568 tonnes of cargo and mail shipments were processed.